My Design for: Ramsden's Landing
Eco Renovation of an Historic Building
This is a Project set by my University for the Second Year of the Architectural Technology course. This now accounts for marks towards my degree classification. My intention at University is to Apply Permaculture principles to all of my building designs. This is vitally important as I search for a new design method which encompasses a "sustainable future' for all. Urban design even in this 'theoretical form' needs to be conducted as if it was being built! This practice method is the only viable solution which may allow me to change and influence buildings of the future. Indeed quality 'Renovation & Refurbishment' will ensure the survival of our heritage and resources for future generations. To be able to enhance our existing building stock and use regenerative urban design is vital to our future. More than 50% of the population now lives in an urban environment.
- To improve my Archicad Skills
- To research and understand Historic Buildings
- To use Passivhaus design principles
- To design a building which will showcase "sustainable design"
- To preserve the present, and ensure the future economic viability of the building
Objectives What steps and tasks are needed to successfully complete this project?
- Record Archicad lessons and 'Archicad Monkey' on YOUTUBE.
- To design out fossil fuels, design in Low carbon technologies
- To Research "Architectural Conservation" and find out what it means
- To research Passivhaus Technology
Resources What resources are required? time.money,people,research?
- Time to watch 'Archicad Monkey' and attend University lectures
- Library resources for books about 'Architectural Conservation"
- Computer & Software : 'PowerPoint' 'Archicad"
- Tutors to provide feedback
- Recording device:
" A thoroughly well developed imaginative, ambitious and exceptionally comprehensive project.
Your scheme demonstrates an original and inspired approach to the building'
"You have shown exceptional use of CAD as applied to your project.
You have used your cad skills to present the full potential of your project with complete clarity and accuracy"